ATTENTION ALL PROPERTY MANAGERS & POOL OWNERS
IS YOUR POOL OR SPA FENCING SAFE & COMPLIANT?
Each year in Victoria, backyard pool accidents result in over 40 hospital admissions. Tragically, 4-5 children aged 0-4 years end up drowning in somebody’s backyard.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE?
- The Victorian Building Act 1993 holds the property owner responsible.
- Real Estate Agents have been warned by the REIV Corporate Solicitor – if taking on a property with a pool, agents need to ensure it meets safety regulations.
If you own a home, rental property or holiday house with a pool or spa, its your responsibility to ensure that safety barriers are properly installed and adequately maintained in accordance with Victorian Building Authority’s Pool Fencing Regulations.
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU
Metro Building Inspections will make a thorough inspection of your pool safety barriers and issue a Pool Fencing Compliance Certificate.
All fencing will deteriorate over time due to extremes of weather and wear and tear including self-closing or self-latching malfunction, rust, missing bolts or screws and accidental damage.
If your fencing is non-compliant, we will provide you with a list of items to rectify in order to meet current standards.
Once the maintenance has been carried out, Metro Building Inspections will make a return visit and issue a Certificate of Compliance.
Compliance is mandatory for – in-ground and above ground pools and spas, indoor and outdoor Jacuzzis and hot tubs and portable and inflatable pools that are greater than 300mm in depth.
PROPERTY MANAGERS – Take advantage of our low cost programmed yearly inspections and certification service. Just choose the level of service your prefer, including;
- Property details can be entered onto our database.
- We can co-ordinate with the tenant or the agent and arrange appointment times and key pick up.
- We can monitor the annual inspection date and advise when compliance renewal is due.
- Should any rectification be required, we can co-ordinate with your preferred maintenance contractor or we can arrange for any work to be carried out.
- Single monthly invoice or invoice per property if preferred.
CONTACT US TODAY AND YOUR PROPERTY CAN BE COMPLIANT TOMORROW
PHONE : 0419 202 858
DON’T RISK IT!
Your child’s safety comes first! plus;
Non-compliant pool fencing can result in Council fines of between $7,000-$25,000!
Swimming Pools, Spas & Safety Barriers VBA Regulations
Your immediate action will make a difference
Royal Life Saving has developed a home pool safety check-list. This check-list allows pool owners to conduct a self-assessment of the home pool and its surrounds to ensure it is safe for everyone to enjoy and minimizes the risk of young children drowning.
The check-list features 8 section; the Swimming Pool Gate, Swimming Pool Fence, Around the Swimming Pool Fence, Supervision, Pump, Gates and Suction, Emergency Preparation, Chemicals, Electricity. This check-list does not substitute for regular pool fence inspections in Melbourne and has been produced for education purposes only. Owners should consider getting a Metro Building Inspections professional assessment of their compliance.
Safety inspections are an inclusion when you book a Metro Building Inspections